Do you feel the magnetic pull of our Centre of Attraction?
As irresistible as the force of gravity, travellers are drawn from around the world to the magical destination of Cape Town. And at its heart is Century City Conference Centre, Bridgeways Precinct, Century City: the Centre of Attraction!
Because of its convenient position as the ‘Centre of Attraction’ in this vibrant part of Cape Town, Century City Conference Centre sets a new standard in the conferencing, events and hospitality sphere.
Amenities & Attractions
There is a range of amenities and attractions nearby to Century City Conference Centre for your convenience and leisure:
- Virgin Active Health Club – Century City (76m)
- Life Day Spa – Cnr Century Boulevard and Rialto Road, Century City (450m)
- Woolworths Food Colosseum – The Colosseum Shopping Centre, Century City (290 m)
- Canal Walk Shopping Centre – Century Boulevard, Century City (1.2km)
- Century Village Spar – Corner Socrates Way, Century Avenue (3.2 km)
- Century City Jogging Trail – you can join the trail from right outside the Century City Conference Centre and Hotel
- The Century City Art Trail – this comprises 24 exhibits, in and around the 250 hectare Century City precinct – Download PDF
- Intaka Island – 2 Park Lane, Century City (1.5km)
- Hillsong Christian Church (4 minutes away)
- Muslim Prayer room (10 minutes away)
From Cape Town CBD and the V&A Waterfront:
1. Take the Table Bay Boulevard/N1 freeway heading east
2. Continue on Table Bay Boulevard/N1 until Sable Road/Exit 10
3. At the traffic lights at the top of the exit, turn left into Sable Road
4. Continue on Sable Road until it turns right and becomes Ratanga Road
5. Turn right at the first set of traffic lights into Century Boulevard
6. At the roundabout, take the 3rd exit onto Bridgeway
7. Continue straight to the next roundabout and take the second exit
8. You will now be parallel to Sable road, continue straight to the end of the road and turn left
9. Continue straight to the next roundabout and take the first exit to access the parking garage
From Cape Town International Airport:
1. From the Airport Approach Road, take the Settlers Way/N2 to Cape Town
2. Continue on the Settlers Way/N2 freeway for 16,9 kilometres
3. Take Exit 9 to merge onto the M5 towards N1/Milnerton
4. Take the exit onto Table Bay Boulevard/N1
5. Continue on Table Bay Boulevard/N1 until Sable Road/Exit 10
6. At the traffic lights at the top of the exit, turn left into Sable Road
7. Continue on Sable Road until it turns right and becomes Ratanga Road
8. Turn right at the first set of traffic lights into Century Boulevard
9. At the roundabout, take the 3rd exit onto Bridgeway
10. Continue straight to the next roundabout and take the second exit
11. You will now be parallel to Sable road, continue straight to the end of the road and turn left
12. Continue straight to the next roundabout and take the first exit to access the parking garage
Cape Town International Airport is Africa’s third largest airport, and is consistently ranked among the best in the world for service in its category. Awards include Best Airport in Africa in 2018, 2017, and 2016 (SKYTRAX World Airport Awards), amongst others.
The airport offers a variety of transport options, ranging from car hire, shuttles, taxis and MyCiTi busses.
Tel: +27 021 937 1200
For flight information:
Tel: + 27 (0) 86 72 77 888
The key to hosting a successful event lies in the magic that happens when all the pieces come together seamlessly and effortlessly. We offer you a wide range of technology solutions to ensure that your function not only runs to plan, but painlessly and efficiently.
Here are some of our tech offerings to help make your event a pleasure:
Century City Conference Centre is proud to offer our clients the state-of-the-art Century City Virtual Conference Centre as a complement to our usual event offerings. This hybrid service allows our clients to expand their event offerings to include off-site and remote delegates.
A collborative venture with the Century City Conference Centre, our Virtual Conference Centre offers clients a useful extra solution that extends the range of possible events that we can facilitate – one that allows global conferences to host thousands of participants. This means that our venue capacities are now limitless!
Each delegate receives complementary access to a high-speed 1GB per second, Seacom-fed Fibre line with a 1:1 Contention Ratio Internet connection as a standard part of our offering to clients. High-speed wireless services are available in every room, and all services can be customised to suit the specific needs of each event.
Audiovisual (AV) Technology
Century City Conference Centre has an on-site Audiovisual team to assist with your technology and AV needs. Christie Brio Presentation Software is included in our venues.
Commitment To Care Programme: Our Covid-19 Protocols
With the arrival of the Covid-19 crisis, we have rapidly adapted our offerings and operations at Century City Conference Centre to meet the new challenges faced by our industry under these difficult circumstances.
We have elevated our health and safety protocols according to the highest possible global industry standards to fight this disease, and put in place stringent measures according to comprehensive globally-informed industry guidelines to ensure that we deliver on our duty to protect and take care of our clients and staff.
As for everything we offer and do at Century City Conference Centre, polished, superior service and the utmost attention to detail are what sets us apart: and our food is no exception.
These high standards are reflected in our boutique 5-star catering service provided for every event that we host. Our approach to catering is based on the hospitality industry: you won’t find any mass-produced event catering here.
From diabetic to halaal, Banting to vegan: we can cater for any dietary requirements that you may have. We operate a dedicated halaal-certified kitchen; and if Kosher catering is preferred, we are also able to make arrangements for this. Please speak to a Meetings & Events Co-ordinator to discuss your specific catering requirements.
An example of our commitment to providing our guests with the best possible culinary experience while attending an event with us is that our finger-food buffet-style spread available to delegates attending events in the upstairs Meeting Rooms is changed every three hours to ensure the freshest possible variety of eats for delegates.
You have a wide range of dining options within close proximity to the Conference Centre:
- La Parada Century City – Apex Building, 1 Energy Lane, Century City (4m)
- Square Cafe and Wine Bar – Ground floor, Century City Hotel (37m)
- Tigers Milk Century City – 8 Kinetic Way, Century City (130m)
- Akiya Sushi – Shop 5, Axis building, Bridgeways, Century City (250m)
- The Slug & Lettuce Century City – Century Way G11, Colosseum Building (300m)
- Towers Restaurant – Cape Town Marriot Crystal Towers Hotel, Corner Century Boulevard and Rialto Road (450m)
- Knife Restaurant – Cape Town Marriot Crystal Towers Hotel, Corner Century Boulevard and Rialto Road (450m)
- The Burner – Manhattan Suites, 3 Esplanade Road, Century City (1km)
- Brick Lane Eatery Century City – The Quays, 142 Park Lane, Century City (1.4km)
- Bootleggers Coffee Company – Shop 5, 5 Esplanade Road, Century City (1.1km)
- Visitors driving to the Century City Conference Centre will find accessible parking available in the adjacent car park.
- There are four dedicated disabled parking spaces on the ground floor. Please note that these spaces are on a first-come-first-serve basis.
- The entrance to the Conference Centre is on the ground floor.
- Visitors may also be dropped off on Energy Lane, where there is easy wheelchair access into either the Conference Centre or Hotel.
- The venue is designed for maximum accessibility. Entry though either the parking garage or from the road provides easy access with the floor being designed flush with the Conference Centre and Hotel floor levels. The entrance doors are double automatic doors, and are always staffed when an event is taking place.
- Our Reception Desk is situated on the ground floor. Our Guest Services team will provide you with local information and assist with any requests for transfers.
- There is one lift, which is available from the ground floor to the first floor.
- The conference halls are clearly indicated alphabetically, and the meeting rooms are indicated numerically. There is sufficient lighting provided to ensure maximum visibility.
- The ground floor foyer is tiled, and all the Conference Halls are carpeted. The first floor foyer and meeting rooms are carpeted.
- Audiovisual Assistance – Please arrange any audiovisual assistance with the Meetings & Events Co-ordinator.
- Please arrange any assistance with guide dogs with the banqueting co-ordinator.
- Ground Floor:
- 1. Opposite Hall C. There are disabled-friendly toilets in both the women and men’s bathrooms.
2. Next to Hall A. Separate Unisex Disabled Toilet.
- First Floor:
- 1. Next to Meeting Room 1. There are disabled-friendly toilets in both the women and men’s bathrooms.
- First Aid
- The First Aid room is located on the ground floor behind the reception desk. Please contact a Century City Conference Centre staff member should you require assistance. Alternatively, first aid assistance can be called to your location in the building.
- Local transfer companies are able to provide wheelchair accessible vehicles.
Our Business Lounge is available when booking our Meeting Rooms on the first floor. It is a unique extra service that we have created to enhance and facilitate your experience with us. We also offer event organisers breakaway space to be able to do their work in peace away from the busyness of their main event. Also, our Meetings & Events Co-ordinators are empowered to make informed decisions for your booking so as to make your entire experience with us more streamlined and efficient.
- The business lounge seats 80 delegates and the setup is conducive to networking during breaks. Cocktail-style it would accommodate 100 delegates.
- The ‘talking table’ is another area where guests can stand with their laptops or read a newspaper.
- Food and beverages are offered all day and the offering changes from breakfast snacks to lunch buffet.
- There are various USB ports within the business lounge.
Reception/Guest Services Desk
The desk can be used as a registration desk as well as for welcome drinks, and may be used on a complimentary basis when the Conference Centre ground and first floor is booked exclusively.
Our services include:
- Airport transfer arrangements.
- Car rental arrangements.
- CCCC event & facility information.
- Century City/Cape Town area information.
- Hotel accommodation arrangements.
- Onsite directions, maps & parking information.
- Restaurant reservations & recommendations.
- Transportation information, including taxis, buses and trains.
- Wheelchair/disability assistance.
- Porters can be arranged at an additional cost (assist with carrying of items, loading and unloading from vehicles and general porterage).
- Additional Security can be arranged at an extra cost (should you require security guards dedicated only to your event/venue).
- GSAs (Guest Services Agents – unique to CCCC) are ‘stationed’ at the Reception desk to direct guests/delegates to their conference and meeting venues. They are also available to assist with any queries during the day.
- An organiser’s office is offered complimentary when two or more Halls are booked.
- There are luggage storage rooms in both the conference centre and hotel.
- Delegates starting their conference before check in can therefore tag and store their luggage. GSAs or Front Office Staff can be pre-arranged to assist with this service.
- The Meetings & Events Co-ordinators can assist with putting you in touch with the surroundings hotels in the node.
- The digital directional signage screens may be used for company branding. Should the ground floor be booked exclusively, the digital screens and foyer may be used as such and for other branding items and exhibitions.
- We have two borehole water stations on either side of the foyer with a variety of sparkling, still and room temperature water.
- The lounge areas are equipped with USB and plug points, as everyone wants to charge their phones and check mails during tea breaks!
Sustainability is part of Century City Conference Centre’s DNA. We are committed to delivering carbon-neutral conferencing, and to conduct business in a manner that protects the environment wherever possible.
Century City Square, the all-green commercial and hospitality hub of Century City – including Century City Conference Centre – has received a 4-Star Green Star (Custom Mixed-Use Design) a top sustainability rating from the Green Building Council of South Africa (GBCSA) for ensuring that sustainable green design principles are implemented wherever possible. The Square is the first in the Western Cape, and the second in South Africa, to be awarded this top rating.
We were also voted as the proud winners of the Sustainable Venue of the Year (Africa) Award during Global MICE Awards in September 2019.
We are proud to have received various accolades since we opened Century City Conference Centre in 2016. Besides winning several national and international awards, and being part of a green mixed-use development that has received a top 4-Star Green Star sustainable building certification, we have also received consistently positive feedback and praise from our wide range of satisfied clients. But don’t take our word for it: see for yourself!